Saturday 7 February 2015

Weekly Weigh In - Sometimes status quo is deceptive.

I stayed the same weight this week at 186. This is an interesting thing. If I were only to pay attention to the scale nothing has changed. I know that isn't the case however, due to my new tendency to check myself out in mirrors. I have seen changes over the week particularly in my arms and abdomen. I can feel muscles have alot more density. In the abdomen I can more clearly see that defined 6 pack of abs than ever before.

The adjustment I made to my training is working. I am starting to see clearer definition, which was the goal of this change. Its more of a stop in gaining mass to sculpt what is there and refine it. Then I will work on more mass, then switch back to define that.

I am visualizing the process somewhat the same as rings on a tree, building the muscle layer by layer and perfecting each layer as I go. I never thought that would be an aim of mine. I have said before that I am more of a sit and watch movies, sit and play videogames, guitar, or program a computer type of guy. I like less physical activities.

I still hate working out, I think the difference is I have come to accept it as part of my morning. I haven't minded the food we are eating in the slightest so that hasn't been a problem. I do not like the sweating and strain of exercise as a first choice. It was a big challenge coming to realize that it was a completely necessary part of a balanced lifestyle. I have met that challenge, I can accept that it is needed, and do it every day without fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com