Saturday 31 January 2015

Weekly Weigh-in and Reflection

So it's that time of week again, time for the weekly weigh-in and reflection.

So here goes....

I'm down 135 pounds, still.  Yep stayed the same.

I know there are changes that aren't being reflected they way I would like them to be on the scale.  My clothes are looser, I am seeing noticeable changes when looking in the mirror and I am getting comments from my new coworkers asking if I've lost weight.  I know that my body has changed even if the scale doesn't show what I want it to.  I have to be patient, trust the process and know that I am doing the right thing and continue down the path I started 17 months ago.  I will succeed and I will get to the finish line.  I will not give up.

I'm sure as Munkee reads this he'll smile as this was not my attitude this morning.  I would love to be losing 2 pounds a week steady but it's not going to be that way. I do get moody when the scale isn't showing what I'm seeing in the mirror.  Munkee does his best to try and calm me but I'm not always open in the moment to his words.  It takes me time to process and move on.

I have been struggling lately with urges to have a cheat day, have an "f-it" day and just not care for a day.  In my weaker moments I would love to sleep in, not work out, not weigh and measure my food and not care about what I'm eating.  In my head I think I could do that for one day and then the next day be right back at it.  In reality I know this wouldn't be the case.  In my past attempts I have allowed myself cheat days and I started to find more and more excuses to have them more and more often.  As I have said it's a slippery slope with me and the path I have chosen isn't always the easiest but it has been so worth it.

I went shopping with my sister today and bought a size smaller in clothes figuring they would fit soon and have them as something to work towards.  I tried them on when I got home and to my surprise, they fit.  Yep, it's working.  Just have to stay the course, adjust the workout when necessary, add the weights the vest when it's time and keep tracking and monitoring my food.

The jube-jues lasted almost the entire week at work and then someone added a box of Pot of Gold to the cabinet.  This did not help my struggles.  The little voice said "you can just have one" but I know the next time I walked by I would think the same thing regardless of whether or not I ate one before.  I think that's something that bothers me the most is that I resist temptation regularly and feel the scale should reward me and when it doesn't I get cheesed off.  Resisting should be reward enough, as I've said many times, I'm a work in progress not with just my weight but my mental thinking as well.

This coming week should be pretty uneventful.  Stay the course and I will make it to the end and move on to maintenance.  I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com