Sunday 18 January 2015

Saturday Weigh-in - A Day Late

I am a day late in writing this, please forgive me.

As of my weigh-in yesterday I was 133 pounds down.  Yep, that's right, no change yet again.  A tad frustrating to say the least.....

I am in the home stretch and am being tested slightly I feel.  The last bit of weight has been with me the longest and is proving to be the most stubborn to leave.  I will continue to push forward.  Yesterday Munkee and I went out on the hunt for an adjustable weighted vest.  We were able to find one and I have come up with a game plan to add to weights to the vest every three pounds lost.  I wore the vest for the first time this morning and when I was done my workout I found my tank top was soaked.  Guess it's going to work.  We had thought we found some heavier adjustable weights for our ankles and wrists but when we got home we found that they just won't work.  I was unable to get either the ankle or wrist weights tight enough to stay on.  We will keep looking but we may have the best options for our ankles and wrists.

This week at work I was on course for a couple of days and challenged myself to walk from the 2nd floor to the 7th floor (I'm currently walking 3 to 7).  I was able to it but was out of breath and my legs were screaming a bit when I finally got up to the 7th floor.  It was encouraging to see that it will be possible but will give it a bit more time before I do that regularly.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday and I helped plan a party for her.  It was a challenging evening as there was lots of yummy food out for everyone to enjoy.  Munkee and I opted to eat our regular dinner and after snack instead of tempting fates and trying to limit and have a few things at the party.  I kept myself busy organizing the food and ensuring there was enough out.  My sister has been an amazing support to me in my quest and is always quick to brag about me.  I find one of two things happens when people find out how much weight I've lost 1) they congratulate me and move on or 2) the offer their opinions on what you should be doing.  There are so many different options and opinions and suggestions on the best way to lose weight.  I smile and nod as I'm given their suggestions.  My best advice in this area is if you've found something that is working for you and you are happy, then leave it alone.  You can drive yourself crazy trying to stay up with the latest fads and trends.

This week should be pretty uneventful.  Regular work week and no big plans for the week now that my sister's party is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com