Sunday 25 January 2015

Saturday Weigh In - Steady Progress, personal weirdness

My weigh in yesterday was 187 pounds.  I know this is 5 pounds below the top of the mark for a normal BMI for my height. I also know that BMI doesn't factor in muscle mass. What I am finding interesting is I almost have an anxiety about going above 192 pounds. I have maintained my normal BMI status for over a year and although I am aiming for more muscle, and logically I know that could mean I am over the normal BMI range. It still makes me feel slightly odd.

Muscular people are more often then not over that range, I know this to be true logically. I think its just a comfortable head space I have developed being there. I know I am still wearing medium t-shirts and still have a 34" waistline so really all of this is in my head. Its just a strange feeling.

It doesn't mean I am going to stop, or go on some goofy crash diet to cut weight. I fully intend to reach my goal of a better body. I think I just have to adjust my thinking when it comes to BMI. I really have to re-enforce the fact that muscular people are very often slightly into what it would consider to be overweight.

Perhaps the solution is to find a better scale, or just start to spend a bit more time looking in the mirror and realizing how much better I look. I am sure I will get there. its just a slight period of personal weirdness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com