Saturday 17 January 2015

Saturday Weigh In - Steady Progress

Today I weighed in at 186 pounds. I am really enjoying the difference in my arms. It sounds like a small thing but having some more muscle definition in that area really makes me feel less "dorky".

I suppose that doesn't change the man that bears the arms though. I still am the same videogame obsessed superhero movie loving star wars geek. I think though I have gone a long way to ensuring my longevity.

Yesterday I suprised Bee by cleaning the house top to bottom. Now that the christmas stuff has been put away for the year we were suffering from a condition that appears to be annual. I call it fake needleitis. I think the stuff from garlands and christmas trees is second only to glitter in its tenacity.

The big difference I noticed is after finishing I wasn't sweaty and super tired. The old 280 pound version of myself would have been done for the day, and likely required a nap. These are the real reasons behind getting in shape and eating better. It is definitely nice to fit better into clothes and look nicer in them, but the real benefit is feeling better. Everything has changed from getting out of bed in the morning, travels up and down the stairs, and my general energy levels. My joints in my knees and hips no longer ache constantly, and I no longer require pain medication except in extreme circumstances.

Looking good is one thing, feeling great is truly the best reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com