Wednesday 3 December 2014

Back to Routine

Well sort of.

I stuck to my routine while I was off for the week but I am now back to work and that routine.  I find comfort in my routine.  I like that I get up at the same time each day, have my regular routine of working out, shower and getting ready for work.  If it's the weekend or I'm off I take a more relaxed approach to the day.

I am finding it challenging to get back to the work routine.  I really did not want to get up this morning.  I was tired, I had a headache and just did not feel like doing the workout today.  I pushed through it and actually felt better after my workout.  It's strange but I do find my workouts do help me feel better.  I'm glad that when I have days like today I can push myself and do the workout.  I feel better for having done it.

I brought a treat into my coworkers when I went back to work.  I baked cookies and decorated them all pretty like.  I was told they were good.  I love to bake and like sharing what I bake with others.  I also tried a new more difficult recipe, Raspberry French Macaroons.  It did not go well at all,  Many swear words later I had nothing to show for my 3 plus hours in the kitchen.  I think this quest we're on has given me the confidence to push myself further and not accept failure.  I will try them again and succeed.


A picture of my handy work.  If you look closely at the wreaths there are snowflakes, candy canes and gingerbread men.  I had fun making them.

I continue to push myself beyond the working out.  I am pushing myself to challenge myself in my baking, in the food I'm preparing and eating, the clothes I'm wearing and no longer accepting being in the background.  I feel like I'm rambling tonight but I'm allowed to!  I'm writing the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com