Monday 22 December 2014

Did you hear it?

I can barely contain my excitement as I write this blog post!  I never though this day would come.  It's been 16 months of hearing "that's obese" every single morning.  Trying not to through the Wii Balance board out the window after hearing that for the millionth time.  This morning was different though!

I had my eyes closed (I don't like to look and let Munkee break it to me easily when I am up a little bit) and hear a different noise followed by "that's overweight"!  You would have thought I had won the lottery!  I could barely contain myself!  I don't think I've stopped smiling since.  BEST DAY EVER!!!!!

I know that my weight may fluctuate a bit and may hear "that's obese" again but I know that it won't last and soon I will be leaving the line between obese and overweight in the dust and heading closer to normal.

So I have survived the first two events of the holiday season and have come out feeling stronger.  On Saturday I had 7 kids between the ages of 2 1/2 and 15 over to decorate sugar cookies and Christmas ornaments.  I made sugar cookies, icing and rice krispy squares (some with red and green candy coated chocolates)!  I had Christmas M&M's and licorice for the kids.  I did put out a cracker, fruit and cheese tray as well.  I made it through and sent all leftover treats home with the kids.  We then had Swiss Chalet for dinner and then went to look at Christmas lights.  A wonderful start to my holidays!

Yesterday we went to Munkee's parents' house for lunch to celebrate Munkee's birthday.  My in-laws eat healthy normally so I know going there for a meal isn't overly stressful and they are good about sharing what they're making ahead so I can plan ahead.

Today, we celebrate Munkee's birthday.  For the first time in two years we will be able to go see The Hobbit on his actual birthday as last year we had the ice storm and power outage on his birthday and the year before I was very sick.  Today and tomorrow I will be in more control of our meals and be able to follow our routine a bit closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com