Wednesday 31 December 2014

The End of 2014 and New Year's Resolutions

So as I finished my workout this morning it felt good to be done working out for 2014.

I've taken some time over the day to reflect on my year.  I still can't believe all I have accomplished in the year.  Haven't missed a single day of my workout (not even a broken toe stopped me!) which in it's self is no small feat.  I still wake-up every morning hoping I really don't need to get up yet but do and push myself through the workout coming out on the other side feeling much better for having done it.  I have pushed myself with the workouts by adding time or more challenging exercises (plank anyone?), shuffling the order around and adding more resistance through the use of wrist and ankle weights.  The hard work is definitely paying off as I'm starting to see sculpted areas on my body and find myself saying "is that me?" to my reflection.

Some other things I have accomplished as part of this quest is no longer needing to buy plus size clothes and my BMI is now within the overweight range.  These are two major steps for me and I am very happy to have accomplished them.  I find I have more confidence and am standing up for myself more.  This has not only been a body transformation but also a bit of a mental health one.  Still a bit to go on both fronts but I know I can succeed.

I want to talk a bit about New Year's Resolutions.  I tend not to make them anymore.  I have in the past and they all normally centered around losing weight.  Ready to attack the issue head-on.  Although this is a very good goal to set it's usually gone about in the wrong manner.  You have to start slowly and make manageable changes.  Start slowly with the exercising.  Start with 15 or 20 minutes and slowly increase and add stuff to it.  Don't start with an hour workout and burn yourself out quickly, you won't want to continue if you're too sore to move (been there, done that!).  You have to think of it as a lifestyle change not a diet.  A diet most people will cheat on or end at some point.  These changes have to be permanent and something you can live with.  Find food alternatives you enjoy and substitutes for favourites you love just as much.  This takes time but you can do it if you take the time.  You have to think of this as your lifestyle with no end.  Trust me, if I can do this anyone can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com