Saturday 25 October 2014

After the workout

I just finished my workout for the day, and it comes with an admission. It is an admission I never ever thought I would make.

You know that stuff people say about how working out makes them feel good. Well I still disagree exercise is the least enjoyable part of my day, I have no doubt of that.

What I will admit to is 5 minutes after my workout, after my body has calmed down, I feel great. Not so much physically, although there is an element of that (combined with warmth in my muscles and a need to sit down). I am more speaking about my mental state.  I feel aware, calm, relaxed and content. Some of my best ideas and thoughts recently all seem to formulate right after the workout.

If I were to put a timeline to it, Id place it about 5 to 10 minutes after the workout is completed. Those who know me well know that I have a mildly addictive personality. I am unashamed to admit that I am slightly addicted to this nice feeling.

What is also true is that I am a bit of a stoic personality, so I am more than willing to limit my workout to once a day, and have less of this mindset.

But I will say that it does indeed feel nice to be this alert, relaxed and clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com