Tuesday 28 October 2014

Sense of Accomplishment

So today I felt a sense of accomplishment.

The last time I lost weight when I was closing in on getting out of plus size clothes I saw an outfit in a "regular" size store window and loved it!  I decided to buy it for for when it fit.  Kind of a mini-goal reward for myself.  I never got into that outfit.  It went into the bin in the basement for the day when it may actually fit.  Well guess what?

I wore that outfit today!  And it felt good!  I actually felt good wearing it today.  I have worked hard to lose the weight and still have a bit more to go but today I focused on the accomplishment I have reached so far.

I find myself looking in the mirror a bit more and thinking "damn, I'm looking good".  That is a big step for me.  I know there is still areas that need improvement but I need to celebrate the accomplishment so far.  I need to sit back and enjoy what I have done.  I still have work to do, I know that but I also know that I have a good base to succeed and I know that I will.

Today just helped me to know I have gotten further into this quest than ever before.  I know I will reach my goal weight, whatever it ends up being.  I know that I will maintain the weight loss.  How am I so sure?  I have made the changes manageable.  I have made the workout tolerable.  I have made sure I enjoy the food I'm eating.  I have made sure that I have set myself up for success.  I have surrounded myself with true supporters.

Today just reaffirmed my success so far and lit my fire to continue my quest and can start to see the finish line.  It's going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com