Monday 6 October 2014

My Routine

So I thought I would shed some light into my routine so people can see that my day isn't consumed by exercise or by food.

Every morning I get up just before 5:20 am, regardless of when I went to bed the night before.  Mind you, I am normally falling asleep by 9:30 pm!

I am done my workout by 6:20 am that currently includes 4 pound weights on my wrists and ankles and I switch between routines that focuses on arms, legs and core.  After my husband does his weigh-in I do mine, the fitness program we use has you weigh daily but I try to focus on the weekly weigh-in instead of the daily numbers.

After that, if it's a weekday, I get ready for work and head off for the day with my breakfast and lunch packed for the day.  If it's Saturday I will prep bags of veggies for lunches for the week.  On Sunday we tend to ease into the day.

On Thursday I plan the meals for the next week and figure out what I need to check in the house vs. what I need to buy at the store.  Friday is the most fun day of them all!  Grocery shopping!  It involves going to two different grocery stores to get all of the items we have found the most beneficial in our weight loss journey.  I also go to a third grocery store for the last few items but that one is less often.

During the week Munkee with prep the lunches for the next day, on weekends I do them.  I do most of the dinner cooking, really that is for the safety of the kitchen and my sanity!  Munkee is a menace in the kitchen!  

I guess what I'm really trying to show is that I don't workout like crazy, I do plan the meals out for the week and ensure we have all we need in the house to make the meals (less likely to push the easy button of take out when planned out) and it is a team effort that is important.

If you have questions, let me know.  They could help lead to blog topics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com