Saturday 11 October 2014

Weigh-in Day and Reflecting on the Week

I think what I'll do on a weekly basis is give an update on my progress with my weight loss and then reflect on the week.  Look at successes I had, not just with the scale, and any challenges I faced or set backs.  I may also talk about anything coming up the next week that I may find challenging as well.  So here goes:

As of this morning I am down 119 pounds!  Yay me!  So close to 120 pounds I can see the 10 pound "ribbon" and sticker!

This week was pretty typical for me,  I did have one challenging lunch this week at a buffet restaurant.  I made a plan for eating and stuck to it.  I was very proud of myself for sticking to my plan and not being lured by all the temptations (and there were many!).  I really wanted a button on my way out that said "I survived the buffet and am not leaving feeling disgustingly full!" but they apparently don't make that!  I pushed myself and wore new clothes this week.  That is a challenge for me as I tend to like to wear baggier things and blend in but I am pushing myself to wear things the proper size and not all black!  I also successfully navigated the Halloween candy sections of two stores while trying to get an idea of what to include in the trick-or-treat bags this year without adding extras "for the house" or "for company"!

Challenges for this up coming week?  Well it's Thanksgiving here in Canada this weekend and that means family dinner with lots and lots and lots of food!  My plan is to focus on visiting with my family and going in knowing what I'm going to be eating.  The plan as of now is to have turkey, skip the potatoes in favour of stuffing, veggies, veggies and more veggies!  I will skip dessert, even though I am making it, as I would rather have some popcorn at the end of the day.  I could have the dessert if I wanted to but I choose not to in favour of other healthier items throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com