Wednesday 22 October 2014

New Challenge for Myself

So one of the big things I have learned on this quest is the need to change things up every once in a while and challenge yourself.  If you're not happy with what the scale is saying, change something.  Look at your food, look at your exercise and see where you need to make minor adjustments.  Part of changing things up is challenging yourself to do more.  This entire process has been a challenge for me.  If you had told me a year a half ago I would be working out every day, monitoring and tracking my food and not eating the crap (well, I didn't think it was crap then) I was eating I would have probably laughed in your face.

Throughout this process I have challenged my self to do more.  I have slowly increased my workouts, I have adjusted my food at regular intervals, I have looked for new and interesting food items to try and I have pushed myself to wear clothes that fit and aren't baggy.

So today started a new challenge for me.  Early on in the process I started taking the stairs down at work.  I work on the fourth floor in my building and going down is pretty easy.  I then tried taking the stairs up.  I sounded so out of breath when I reached my desk that I was asked if I was ok by a coworker!  I was embarrassed to be out of breath considering I was working out daily and had lost some weight by then.  So, from then on I took the stairs down and between floors but didn't try taking them up again.......

Until today!  I walked up the stairs this morning with my hands full of baked goods for our meeting today.  I took a deep breath and went for it.  I won't say I was ready to run a marathon when I got to the fourth floor but no one was rushing to me to give me medical assistance!  So now I challenge myself to no longer use the elevator at work unless necessary.  Unfortunately most of the floors in my building are key accessed and I don't have access to all the floors so in those situations I will have to still take the elevator but we are trying to get access to the floors we normally go to for meetings.  It's almost freeing to start this and know I'm not going to be dying by the time I get to my desk.

I'm always looking for ways to change things up and this is my newest thing.  Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com