Sunday 5 October 2014

Still here!

Ok, ok, I know.  I teased a story to come and then disappeared.  I'm sure you're all worried that Munkee succeeded in feeding me his wedding ring and I choked but I am ok!  I have recently changed up my workout routine (which I'll talk more about in a bit) and have been tired and adjusting the last week.  I will try to do better.  My hope with this blog is to share my successes and struggles with whoever is willing to read in the hopes of maybe helping one person with the same struggles I have endured.

So, the teased story.... Due to the weight loss Munkee's wedding ring has gotten very very very loose and he often loses it and that sends him into a tailspin of panic as he tries to find in.  Most of the time I am the one that finds it!  So about a week and a half ago Munkee made lunches for us for the next day, this is a normal activity as if he is home and I'm at work he'll make the lunches for the next day.  I came home from work and went about my after work routine of putting on comfy clothes and washing my face.  I noticed Munkee was pacing more than normal so I asked what was up.  He apparently had lost his wedding ring and couldn't find it.  He started retracing his steps which included digging through the garbage he had just changed.  I came down and joined in the search for the missing ring.  He had emptied the dishwasher so I looked in the dishwasher and all the places he put dishes in.  I took apart the couch, nothing.  Then I thought, because I wasn't going to go through the garbage until all other places had been checked, let me look through the lunch stuff he has put together.  Nothing in the crackers, nothing in the piles of our lunch stuff.  Off to the fridge!  I picked up my sandwich and it bent and half and low and behold there was his ring, in with the lunch meat.  WTF?  Seriously?  How does that happen?  I'm glad I found it before I bit into it, I kind of like my teeth!

I want to give an update on where I am in my weight loss journey.  I recently started not seeing results on the scale (we do our "weigh-ins" on a weekly basis) and started reevaluating my situation.  Food is pretty much locked down and in good shape.  It was my exercise that needed a bit of a kick up.  I went from 45 to 50 minutes and changed up some of the routines to include some more challenging exercises.  It still took a bit more time for the scale to start moving and this week I was down 116 pounds.  Yay me!  The one thing that Munkee always tells me when I want to through the scale out the window is that it's not the be all and end all of the process, there are other tells of your success.  Slight changes in your body to clothes fitting looser.  It's important to look at everything and not to just focus on the scale (I know this is easier said than done as we do tend to focus on the number).  The number is just a guideline to know when you need to reevaluate and make some changes.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com