Saturday 18 October 2014

Saturday Weigh in - It is 100% working

So my arms (as well as other muscle groups I am sure) are definitely getting bigger. This week I gained 2 pounds of muscle.

I know this because I didn't adjust what I was eating at all, just added the exercise, I wanted to give it a chance to see if I was going to start losing weight before adding food needlessly. I realize that I have just begun on this new path and its bound to change in time. Once my system is more used to the new regimen it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

So what did I do differently? well once I hit my goal weight I had juggled things a little to stop losing weight and balance into maintenance, one of the changes being my daily workouts had to turn into every other day, otherwise I was losing still.  I also had to eat more food per day (Horrible horrible sacrifice). after 7 months of being at a very stable weight I decided to take on this task of adding muscle.

So my method was to return to the daily exercise and add in 2 small sets of dips & pushups after that workout. So far it seems to be working well, the daily workouts are 30 minutes, and I am not experiencing muscle soreness.

There are probably some that would say that I am going about gaining muscle all wrong, and that I should be lifting to overload... blah blah blah.. I rarely listen to anyone when it comes to how to do something and thusfar, so far so good.  My aim isn't to look like a professional bodybuilder or wrestler, rather to flesh out a little bit, so that I don't have the dorky noodle arms of a gamer/computer programmer.

We shall see how this all develops, if I have to I will eat more food. For now, so far so good.

Till Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com