Saturday 25 October 2014

Weigh-in Day and Reflection on the Week

So here we go for this week!

I have lost another pound, making my grand total weight loss 121 pounds!

I still can't believe it.  It seems unreal at times how much weight I've lost.  I still see myself sometimes as the old me but every once in a while I will catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and think  "damn, I look good".  That is usually quickly followed up with seeing the things I still don't like about myself.  I know I still have more to loose and I'm getting there but it would be nice to be done.  I also know that I don't want to loose much faster than I am as I need to keep this a maintainable weight loss so that when I do reach my goal weight I am able to sustain that long term.

So as for challenges this week, it was a pretty predictable week.  Had a few appointments and things that made me nervous.  I needed to get a filling and have some blood work down.  Not the biggest fan of needles despite having a few tattoos.  The bigger stress came when my doctor's office called and wanted repeat blood work as my liver enzymes were high on the initial blood work.  After talking to a few people the thought was that is could have been do to working out so close to having the blood work done so I ensured I did the repeat blood work later in the day.  Not even 24 hours later the doctor's office called again and now I have an appointment to go talk about it.  I'm sure it's nothing but it's still not the best.  

The baking went over well for my big work meeting and left all of the leftovers at work for others to enjoy.  I will say I was slightly tempted to try a bit but didn't and stuck with the food I packed for the day.  I feel empowered when I can survive situations like that and it helps make me stronger the next time I face temptations.

Also this week I started taking the stairs up at work and am happy to say it hasn't been that bad.  I still get a bit winded but nothing so bad that I have coworkers asking if I'm ok!

The biggest challenge I have coming up this week is Halloween.  I love Halloween!  I have my house all decorated for Halloween and it looks spooky in here!  I have bought the items to make the treat bags for the kids coming to the door.  Yes I make treat bags.  I remember as a kid loving it when I got a bag with a  few items it and getting home and seeing what was in them!  I now do that for the kids coming to my house.  I have planned the usual Halloween dinner of Mummy Dogs (hot dogs, well veggie dogs now, wrapped in crescent rolls to look like a Mummy) with a side of coleslaw.  The challenge will be I really like the chocolate bars I got to put in the treat bags.  Those little suckers are so tempting because "they're only little".  I know I have the will power to not eat them and ensure the kids get them and not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com