Tuesday 28 October 2014

I am my own Drill Sargent

Today is the day of the week where I kick up the reps on my sets of dips, push-ups, and pull-ups.

I succeeded, but just barely but I pushed through it. The thing about this journey, I am my own drill sargent. Most people at this point would be thrilled and ready to just maintain. I want to be a little bigger/muscular. So far that aim has been succeeding nicely.

The key thing is you have to push yourself out of your comfort zone. The will to be more and do more has to exceed your will to stay with the familiar. Its a tough thing to do sometimes, especially when you feel like you can't do those last 2 push-ups, or that last rep of any particular exercise.

The trick I like to play on myself is pretend there is a version of me standing above me berating me with insults "Do one more you wussy" stuff like that. I need to challenge myself in order for this phase of my quest to be successful. I definitely will. Following this blog posting I am headed downstairs to the steel I-Beam. I intend to see if I can get more reps out of the pull-ups. I know I can I just have to try.

That's the key to success, giving it an honest effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com