Sunday 26 October 2014

Still Some Secrets

With this blog I have been very honest with my quest.  I have talked about challenges I have faced.  Talked about my struggles with the scale (love/hate relationship for sure).  Talked about my routine and the importance of support.  I have also shared before and current photos and shared my weekly weight loss progress.  But I still have some secrets.

One of the biggest secrets I still have is my starting weight.  I have chosen not to share this number.  There only a very few, my husband and my doctor, that know my starting weight.  There are many reasons why I have chosen not to share this number.  The biggest reason is because I am embarrassed by this number.  I still can't believe how far off track I had gotten.  How complacent I had gotten with my lazy lifestyle.  I was fine to spend most of my time sitting on the couch eating very unhealthy things.  I know I did it to myself.  There is no one to blame but myself but I still have issues with how bad it got.

I have taken control of my life again.  I have changed my thought processes.  I have armed myself to deal with temptations better.  I have come out on the other side much better and much healthier.

I choose to focus on the positives that have come from my 14 month commitment.  I am in the home stretch now.  I have done so much that in the past I would have never thought I would have been able to do.  I started slowly and continue to push myself daily to be the best me I can be.

I think my next big step will be accepting where I started and sharing this with others.  I know it will be helpful for others to see where I started.  Trust me, if I can do this, anyone can.  It's about making small manageable changes and continuing to make those changes as you go on your quest.  Learn from past experiences.  Move forward to a healthier you.

One day I will share that starting number but I'm not ready to reveal all my secrets yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com