Wednesday 15 October 2014

Back to Routine

I love getting together with family, going out with friends for dinner or lunch or having date night out with my husband but it takes me out of my routine.  That stresses me out.  In my home I have planned the meals for every day of the week.  In my home I know the food in it is stuff I'm use to and know how much of what I can have.  I can control what I'm eating, there are no temptations.  I also know that I can't just live in my house and never go out. 

So, I go out.  I have dinner at other people's houses.  Most importantly I plan for those events to ensure I stay within my food allotment for the day.  But it still stresses me out.  I can't control what things may be at other people's houses, I can't help what I see on the menus at restaurants, I can't help what people around me are eating but what I can help is what I choose to do about the temptations.

What makes me happiest is getting back to my routine after a meal out.  I don't go that far out of routine to eat out but it's just enough to push me out of my comfort zone.  For those that know me, I am a bit OCD.  Ok, maybe a lot OCD.  I am super organized and that has helped a lot on this quest but not when I have to go out.

I still smell french fries and think "mmmmm, yum!".  Or when I'm baking, I would love to try just a little bit to make sure it's good when trying new recipes.  I am human, I still have cravings for these things but I know that if I have "just one" or "just a little bit", as I've talked about, it will turn into more.  So to ensure I am not tempted I control what I have in my house and keep the temptations away from my safe place.

Also with eating out timing can be shifted and I may not eat at my "normal" time.  All of this can lead to the scales not going in your favour.  I am happy to say I am back down plus a little bit from the gain after Thanksgiving.  It was just like Munkee said "a blip that will work itself out by the next weigh-in day".  He is smart some times.  Just don't tell him I said that!

So now, I am thankful to be back to my routine.  Until the next outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com