Thursday 30 October 2014

Will Power

I do have to say thank god for my wife being prepared for halloween. Now all of those delicious but horrible for me treats are in lovely little bags tied up and away from tempting me.

I have worked rather hard to change myself for the better. I know having a chocolate bar or some other lovely thing wouldn't set me on a road to ruin, but looking at it made me think.

That used to be a staple. I used to snack on stuff like that all the time.. and what was the results


Thats right the photo on the left.. and that lovely expression of disdain. What I realize after morphing myself into the fella on the right (not exactly true, I am now more muscular than that as looking at the picture just made me realize). I smile more, I carry myself better, I am likely taller.

Doing this now while I am still in my 30's means I will be in my physical prime heading into my 40's and its where I intend to stay. I like how I feel now, how I carry myself, and how I look. Now I do recognize the odd bit of candy wouldn't be the end of the world. It would however require more physical activity than I get currently in order to maintain the physicality I am now used to. I like wearing medium shirts. I like a pants size I only wore once before in my life when I was in college. The change has been worth it.

I also shouldn't complain. I quite like the food I eat every day, and there is no shortage of it. I get ice cream daily (its just a better brand and ingredient composition). There is a snack after dinner, and my obligitory giant mug of milk to settle my hyperactivity down before bed. My life is good this change is permanent. Those treats are for children.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com