Wednesday 29 October 2014

Feels Like Being on a Roller Coaster

So I must say that on this quest I feel like I'm on a roller coaster.

Yesterday I was on a high from wearing a goal outfit I bought over 7 years ago for the first time.  I started to think that I've got this thing figured out.  I can handle this.

Then this morning, the scale goes and smacks me in the face and brings me back to reality!  As you know as part of the exercise program I use it weighs you daily.  As I've said many times (and will say many more times), I do not like this.  Your weight can fluctuate on a daily basis for a number of reasons.  I know that.  Most of the time I can reason my way through it and know that by the time my weekly weigh-in comes I will be down overall.  Doesn't make it any easier at 6:30 in the morning and I have just finished my workout.

I was really feeling good about myself yesterday.  I wore the outfit.  I baked cookies and didn't even lick the chocolate off my fingers.  I put together 50 trick-or-treat bags and didn't have on stupid little tiny chocolate bar.  I deserved a medal not for the scale to say I was up today.  I think that's what stings the most about weighing daily.  I know I follow my food plan very closely.  I weigh and measure the food.  I enjoy what I eat.  I use tricks when feeling hungry to redirect my focus.  I workout daily.  I take the stairs.  I do everything I'm supposed to and sometimes the scale doesn't always reflect that.

There are many other reasons for the scale to not work in your favour.  This is from my personal experience not based on any scientific data.  Eating too late.  Stress.  Not pooping enough.  Not drinking enough water.  And normally I can see one of these factors playing into what the scale says, after I've calmed down a bit.  My initial reaction is upset, anger and frustration.  Munkee is really good at calming me down and reminding me of how far I've come and how amazing I'm doing.  Making me see the trends of when the scale goes up it goes back down quickly.  He helps me refocus on the positive and move on from the negative.

What I want to show is that even after all the work I've done I still have my moments.  I'm getting better at dealing with them and hopefully eventually the roller coaster won't be so crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com