Thursday 23 October 2014

I do have it Pretty Easy

So I must say that on this quest I have things pretty easy.

My husband eats the same food as me, just a little more.  We don't have kids so we don't have to worry about kids turning up their noses at the food we're eating.  I don't have to worry about anyone having chips or cookies or other tempting items around the house.  I don't have to worry about preparing two meals so everyone is happy.  I don't think I'd have been as successful if it wasn't like this for me.  I plan all the meals so I know it's food that I'm going to like and that works with my new eating habits.

When I got out to eat or eat at other peoples' houses I'm lucky.  I can plan based on the restaurant we are going to.  I can look online and figure out my best option and plan the rest of the day around it.  When I go to someone's house they are kind enough to ask what I can eat and ensure there are healthy options or I bring food that I know fits into my plan for eating.  I am still faced by temptations but because I have a plan I feel stronger to deal with the temptations.

For the last fourteen months I have been able to focus on creating a healthy lifestyle.  I haven't had to deal with significant stresses.  Yes, there have been the regular stresses of unexpected car repairs, having to have a tree taken down in the backyard and daily work stuff but I haven't had any significant, life changing stresses.  I am very thankful for that.  It had made it much easier to focus on creating my routine and being able to stick to it.

In the past it hasn't always been this easy.  In the past I have dealt with significant stresses, self sabotaging behavior and not putting myself and my health first.  I have really tried, on this quest, to set myself up for success.  i have changed a lot of ways I think about things and react to things.  In the past when I was upset, I would eat.  I really looked for any excuse the eat.  I have learned to not turn to food to deal with my emotions.  It's not to say when I get upset I don't crave a Big Mac and some fries but I redirect and have learned to talk more about my feelings with my husband.

I have learned a lot from my failed attempts which have helped me to focus so well on this quest.  I hope that I have built a strong foundation over the last fourteen months that should something come up I am better able to deal with it, without turning to food.

I feel I have it easy because I've been given the opportunity to focus the majority of my energy and time on creating a healthier lifestyle and making me the priority.  I do not apologize for that.  I embrace it and relish the opportunity to do that in the hopes that when I am faced with significant stresses I am better able to deal with it because I have taken the time to create a solid foundation for my quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com