Friday 17 October 2014

The Importance of Support in my Quest

I must say the most important thing that I have gotten during this quest is support.  Support from my co-workers.  Support from my friends.  Support from my family.  And most importantly, support from my husband.

My co-workers have been supportive in that when we do work lunches they make sure there are healthy options on the menu.  When we've done potlucks they've allowed me to eat my own lunch.  They've given me encouragement and compliments.  They've agreed to eat my baking when I have the urge to make things!

My friends have been supportive in that they allow me to share my successes and challenges with them.  They encourage me when I'm having a difficult moment.  They push me to try new things.  They go for walks with me.  They listen to me vent and help me refocus on the positive in my life.

My family has been supportive in  that they are the shoulder I lean on when I need it.  They help plan family gatherings to ensure they are lots of options both for me and others.  They go shopping with me and push me to try new clothes and allow me to leave stores shaking my heading after getting overwhelmed in the new stores.  They share my successes with me and encourage me when I need it.  They are my cheerleaders and a very important part of my support system.

The biggest support I have in this quest is my husband.  Munkee is by my side the whole time.  Every time I swear at the alarm going off, most mornings, he they saying "you'll feel better after it's done".  He supported me as we cleaned out the house of all the unhealthy food we use to have.  He spent hours in grocery stores with me trying to figure out the best options for us.  He talks me off the ledge when I'm frustrated that the scale isn't moving the way I want it to.  He encourages me to push my limits and go further with my exercises when it's time to switch things up.  He's there for me when I have cravings, when I'm having hungry moments and lets me talk threw those moments until they pass, as they always pass.  He lets me show him the new clothes I buy and encourages me to try new outfits.  I know he is there for me, for whatever I need and is in this quest as much as I am.  I love that we are doing this together.  I love that I have his support.  I love that I know if I'm struggling with something I can talk to him and work through it.  He has been a big part of why I've been so successful.

It is so important to have a support system when doing something like this.  You will stumble.  You may even fall.  Your support system is there to pick you up, dust you off and push you to keep going.  I am truly thankful for each one in my support system and they are all responsible for my success.  You can't do this alone, you need support.  I am lucky to have the support system I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com