Monday 27 October 2014

My Skinny fingers

This is a quick blog about something you may not realize about weight loss.

You carry weight in strange places on your body. Going into this journey I would have never expected that I carried so much weight in my fingers.  Over the course of the experience my wedding ring got looser, so much so that it eventually slid off my fingers quite easily.

For many this wouldn't be such a problem, because rings can be re-sized. Me being the iconoclast that I am I decided upon a plain stainless steel wedding ring.  I am not a jewelry sort of guy so it suited me. However, this does pose a problem when you go to have it re-sized. Fortunately we were able to find a local jeweler that had an alternate solution in the form of a clip that gets fit to the ring, making it tighter. Its practically invisible when I am wearing the ring so I don't mind it.


As you can see, my fingers were much thicker when I got married. All I am trying to illustrate here is that we carry weight in unexpected places. So if you have gone down in size, but don't feel as if you have shrunk in a visible place. It may just be that you lost size in an area you didn't expect.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com