Wednesday 8 October 2014

Do More Be More

I really can't top my wife's "my moment" post so I am not even going to attempt it.

I am just going to repeat a phrase I have used on here once again, its about goals.

All goals are a matter of the determination to "Do More and Be More" its a phrase that I heard a friend Jason King say once and it instantly stuck with me.

My wife and I are on a journey that is far from unique, people all over the world struggle with their body, weight management etc. What I think is unique is our approach to solving that issue, as she said in her post we changed everything about what we ate and started exercising. What she didn't state however is what we did doesn't resemble a "diet" there is no deprivation, only common sense. every day after dinner there is a snack with tv that includes of all things ice cream. I drink a big mug of milk at the end of every day, and my exercise isn't hours at a gym. Its minutes a day with WiiFitU.

At the end of the day its always going to be about being consistent, and using common sense.  Everything we eat is logged, so we don't randomly snack when bored, portions are controlled to be sensible, and every day we exercise. We don't exercise to the point of soreness, but we exercise enough to sweat.

The real aim of our method is to create a system we can live with so we don't have to have "cheat days". I am going to sound hypercritical, but if your diet includes "cheat days" you have designed it with extremes.  If you have to "cheat" it isn't a sustainable process. I think there is something to be said about moderation. "everything in moderation, especially moderation".  What we have proven to ourselves is it can be done without extreme dieting, and without extreme exercising. Even with that in mind consistency with this approach can yield extreme results (Bee is 118 pounds down in just over a year, I am 95 pounds down and maintaining for 7 months). Stick with it!

Be More and Do More



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com