Sunday 23 November 2014

A little bit about exercise routines

I don't talk often enough about exactly what I do for exercise. So I thought Id touch a bit upon it today. I probably will do the same for the next two days so I can outline what it is I do for 30 minutes each morning.

I design my routines so that I am doing a combination of exercises that stretch, and exercises to work muscles. I used to have cardio more involved in my routines, and I might again soon just to ensure I am burning off the remaining bits of undesired body fat. This is my core routine we are going to talk about today.

The core routine consists of the following

  1. Yoga Warrior Pose - 45 seconds per side
  2. Torso Twist Exercise - 3 cycles horizontal, 3 cycles diagonal, 3 cycles horizontal, 3 cycles Diagonal
  3. 30 Jack Knife Crunches
  4. 45 Seconds in the plank position
  5. Yoga Triangle Pose - 45 seconds per side
  6. 30 Jack Knife Crunches
  7. Yoga Downward Dog Pose
  8. Leaning Exercise
  9. Side arm & leg lifts - 10 per side
  10. Single Leg Extension - 10 per side
  11. 30 Jack Knife Crunches
  12. Yoga Sun Salutation Pose - 3 cycles
  13. 45 Seconds Deep Breathing
  14. 10 Dips
  15. 10 Push-Ups
Sounds like a lot but keep in mind I am a year and a bit into this process. At this point I am wearing arm & leg weights and a weighted vest while doing this routine. It evolves over time. Every so often I will completely shuffle or change what I am doing. The human body is a wonderful machine, and it tries to adapt to what you do. Eventually all workout routines if done for long enough become second  nature to the body, and it learns to do it more efficiently. That is why you have to change it up. To get the most benefit your body has to be kept guessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com