Sunday 16 November 2014

Sunday Morning - Not so fun day...

I have mentioned before that one of the reasons for starting this journey was joint pain. The process has done wonders for how i feel in that regard, but I still have my bad days, particularly around weather changes. Worst super power ever barometer knees and hips.

Today was one of those days for sure, I woke up with sore joints in my lower body. I still had a commitment to my workout. I have found that it doesn't seem to make the pain worse afterword so it hasn't stopped me before. Same with today although it was uncomfortable at times I pushed through.

I think its days like today that really test your commitment. I very easily could have thrown in the towel and skipped the workout. I know myself and that is step one into making it a habit. It wouldn't take long till I had a pile of excuses taller than I am that I could use. "I Didn't sleep right", "It is too dark outside", "It is too cold". I don't mean to be like that. I think that is the human in all of us. We would prefer most times to take the easier road.

So in spite of feeling like a stiff old man, I pushed beyond that today and did my workout. Now I can enjoy the rest of the day with a clear conscience.

What was rather interesting was while doing side lunges I could feel my abdominal muscles with the arm across my torso, distinct individual ab muscles... ON ME!!!

The struggle is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com