Saturday 22 November 2014

Saturday Weigh In - Steady progress

Just finished my workout and my weigh in for the week. I have gained another pound of muscle. My plan of increasing the intensity once per week seems to be working well. I am very glad I waited till I had balanced my weight for 6 months after losing before I began trying to gain muscle. It makes the process quite a bit easier.

I definitely can see the results particularly in my arms chest and shoulders. I fill out a shirt in a much nicer way and no longer look like a strong wind will blow me over. I quite like that. Still wear a medium shirt, which is something I never expected I would say.

In 2 more days I increase the resistance again. Hopefully maintaining the 1 pound per week of muscle growth.

It has definitely made an impact on my overall health and well being. In particular the pain I used to feel in my joints. We had a heck of a cold snap this past week. I know in the past I would have been in severe pain for most of the duration of that weather, or at least until I got used to the change. This time it was relatively minor.

I have said it before but looks is only 1 petal as to my reason for doing this. Health is vastly more important. I definitely feel better than I have for years. I suppose it doesn't hurt that I likely look better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com