Thursday 27 November 2014

Trying New Things

The quest has forced me to try new things and push myself further.

I've talked about the new things I've tried with my workout, adding the weights, adding time to the workouts and switching the order.

I've talked about the new things related to clothes, wearing colour, not so loose fitting and pretty clothes to stand out and not hide in the background.

The other area where I've had to try new things is in the food department.  Not only have I had to find new food items to eat but I have had to try new recipes to keep things interesting and to lighten-up some of our favorite meals so we are still enjoying what we're eating and not feeling deprived.

I have recently stumbled across a couple of things that I have wanted to try but have been a bit chicken to do so.  I have branched out in my eating for sure since we changed our lifestyle but more changes are still needed and we need to keep things interesting.

A few weeks ago I saw a commercial for Old El Paso fish tacos and was intrigued.  I picked up the kit but kept putting off making them, one I'm always nervous when trying new things and two I was using and excuse of "I didn't have time to figure out how to make them".  Well I'm off this week, no more excuses!  I have bought the fish and it's on the meal plan for Saturday!

Another recipe I saw recently was for pasta with garlic shrimp and broccoli.  I will be changing this one up slightly to make it a bit lighter but that is on the menu for Monday night!  Before I didn't eat a lot of fish and now I have two new fish recipes to try out!

I think what this quest has given me is the confidence to try new things.  The same old same old gets boring and just as you have to kick things up with your workouts you need to kick things up with what you're eating.  I'll let you know how the dinners go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com