Saturday 1 November 2014

Weigh-in Day and Reflection on the Week

So here we go with this week's weigh-in

I stayed the same.  My total weight loss stayed at 121 pounds this week.

What this tells me is that it is time switch something up again.  It's not time to change food, I do that every 10 pounds or so.  About a month ago I switched up my workout routines a bit and added more time.  Not really ready to get up earlier and add more time so it leaves only one option.  I have added the 5th weight to my ankles and wrists.  This fun will start tomorrow.  I know for the first few days it will be a bit brutal as I adjust to the change in how the weights fit and it will be a bit more difficult and add a bit more resistance to my daily workout.  This should add the extra push I need to kick my butt further into gear.  You need to do that every once in a while.  If you don't like what the scale is saying, change something.  Stop.  Look.  Reflect.  Evaluate and make the change that best suits the situation.

This past week wasn't too bad as far as challenges go.  I had a very busy week with lots of appointments and running around.  My doctor is still trying to rule things out that could be causing my liver enzymes to be slightly elevated.  This meant more blood work for me!  I hate needles and have had blood taken 3 times in a week and a half.  The doctor feels that the liver enzymes are slightly higher because of the weight I'm still carrying.  Well I'm working on that so we'll see how that helps.  

Halloween was also this week and that meant putting together treat bags for the trick-or-treaters.  It was only slightly tempting to have just one but I resisted and remembered the candy was for the kids.  We did our usual Halloween dinner of mummy dogs but used veggie dogs and had a nice side of coleslaw.  We didn't have too many kids last night so I started giving out two treat bags for each kid.  I just wanted the candy gone.  I got rid of most of it and will take the rest into work to share with my coworkers.

The only other challenge I faced this week was I got my first paid baking job.  I was paid to make cookies for a friend who had a potluck this week and his wife was out of town.  It would have been very easy to test one to make sure they were ok but I didn't and felt better for turning it down.

I continued to take the stairs as much as possible this week.  Just keep pushing yourself and setting new goals.  You have to keep changing things or you fall into another rut.

This week coming I don't think I'll have anything challenging coming up.  It will actually be hopefully a much quieter week than I've had the last couple of weeks.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com