Thursday 27 November 2014

Progress and what is next

As I continue along this current path of gaining muscle mass, I know that in order to keep going I will have to continue to challenge myself. I think what will come very soon is a point where I add cardio back into my routines as a means of further reducing my body fat percentage. I probably will do this in the next week or so adding a little more time to each workout.

I could keep doing the same thing but eventually my body is going to get used to what I am doing. The fascinating thing about a human body is that it is a learning engine. It tries to develop an internal strategy to cope with what you are doing on a daily basis. This makes exercise an interesting thing to do. Eventually after doing the same sort of workout at the same level of resistance for long enough, your body will figure out an efficient way to do that workout with the least expenditure of energy.

Its strange to think but it gets used to what you are trying to do, and works towards doing that in a way that it finds the most efficient over time. So if you want to continue to have your workout be challenging you have to mess up the routine frequently. You can do this by adding resistance, repetitions, or changing what exercises altogether you are doing. Even something as simple as changing the order can often trick your body into forgetting what it knows.

The difference with me right now is I am working on building muscle mass, and trying to lower my body fat percentage a little bit (not that there is much) so that the muscle I have worked so hard for has its best chance to be seen visibly. In my case varying the order isn't going to do me much good. Its going to be about adding resistance, and adding time/repetitions.

As I have said I am not an athelete, I don't really enjoy working out, and I'd much rather be doing the nerdy things in life such as binge watching movies and playing/creating videogames. I just have also accepted that in order to do that and be healthy, I have to sacrifice a little bit of my day for exercise, and I have to eat properly. Always its about finding the balance that works best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com