Monday 10 November 2014

Confession to Make

So I have a confession to make.  I HATE exercising.  I do it because I know it's an important part of a healthy lifestyle and will help continue successfully on my quest.  I know I need to do it but I don't like it.

When we first started our quest I was doing about 30 minutes a day of exercise.  I was doing it after work, which was a pain when I had running around to do after work.  The dinner was pushed back and we would be eating later and too close to when we were going to bed.  So after several comments from my massage therapist ("you're going to go home and workout after your massage?  You're undoing all my work!") I decided to try and workout in the morning.  This took juggling as we needed to make sure Munkee and I both got our workouts done in time for me to be ready to go to work.  Munkee kindly agreed to let me workout first and he would go after so I could get ready for work.  So  was born my new routine.

I am now up to 51 minutes a day with 5 pound weights on my ankles and wrists.  I find that so unbelievable!  Over the last 14 months I have adjusted my workouts and added more challenging exercises to the routines.  I still remember when I was trying balance bridge for the first time and could barely get my butt off the balance board.  Now, I can do it single leg with the "trainer".  I still struggle with some exercises but that's the point.

There are mornings when the alarm goes off, before Munkee hears it that I think "maybe I can just hit the snooze button and skip it for today" but then Munkee hears the alarm and kicks my butt out of bed and reminds me that I would feel guilty if I skipped a workout.  There are mornings when I wake up and have a headache or am not feeling the best but by the end of the workout I am feeling better and more prepared to take on the day ahead of me.  So as much as I grumble about doing it I feel better afterwards.

However, I give everyone permission to smack me if you ever here me say "I love my workout".  It's not meant to be fun.  It's meant to get my butt in shape so I can live a longer life.  So for now I will say I tolerate my workouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com