Wednesday 26 November 2014

Christmas shopping the day after.

I have an unexpected side effect from this workout journey. Yesterday, my wife and I went christmas shopping. We do our very best to try and get it all taken care of in a day. In the past this has meant feeling sluggish, tired, and sore the next day.

I still feel a little bit that way today, but definitely not to the same degree. So I guess getting in better shape means I can handle a whole day's worth of the malls. From the weaving through the crowd, up stairs downstairs etc. I don't feel like such an old man today.

I think beyond looks things like that are where the true worth of this journey lies. I can be active, go out and do stuff and not suffer the consequences.

I know what some of you are thinking, It is just shopping whats the big deal. When my wife and I do the christmas shopping its a lot more like going to a theme park, just without the sunburn and funnel cakes.

Day two of the increased intensity went well. I was a little worried due to the location of the weights coupled with jack knife crunches. I didn't need to be, it actually was not bad at all. On with the day nice to know I don't have to do shopping aside from groceries until after the mall crush is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com