Sunday 16 November 2014

The Joys of Being a Women and Losing Weight

So today I want to touch on the joys of being a women and losing weight.

Having been doing this quest with my husband the biggest fun I've noticed is the fact that guys lose weight faster than women.  I am very happy for my husband's weight loss and being able to maintain it for as long as he has.  I just wish my weight came off just as quickly but it doesn't.  I'm sure there are many medical and scientific reasons why but I am not a medical professional or a scientist so I'm not going to try and explain it.  I'll leave it this, it's not fair but I appreciate that Munkee continues to support and push me as I continue my quest.

The other joyful thing we women get to look forward to when loosing weight is the havoc our "time of the month" plays on our body and the scale.  

We deal with cravings.  I swear there are many times that if it's not moving I may eat it.  I find I need to be more diligent about drinking water and talking myself through the cravings.  I find I crave all the wrong things and am horrible when I see things I use to enjoy but I also know that the maybe 5 seconds of happy would be completely obliterated with the days of guilt I would feel for eating it.

I find I'm more tired and have a headache leading up to this magical time.  I find I am more tempted to hit the snooze button and skip "just once" but I don't.  Mostly because Munkee is kicking me out of bed!  But also because I know I actually feel a bit better after my workout and be proud of myself for pushing through.

I also find this wonderful time of the month causes the scale to not show my successes.  Bloating, water retention, constipation and other wonderful things are all happening.  TMI?  All women know this happens, we just don't talk about it.  Munkee has been good at pointing out the trends every month as I pick up the Wii Fit Board to throw out the window when all week I have been down on the scale and then the day before weigh-in I'm up and am no longer getting my 125 pound ribbon.  Ok, feeling a bit better!

Bottom line is that losing weight for a woman has many challenges and we have to learn to cope with them the best we can.  I'm getting there thanks to the support of my husband but I still struggle.  No one said it was going to be easy but it is much better than the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com