Thursday 20 November 2014

I admit it I didn't want to work out today

Today was one of those days, quite possibly because of the snowy weather and cold outside, that I woke up in the mindset of "I don't want to work out today".

Its an important part of going on a journey like this to have a strategy for days like this. I can't say I have a major thing that I do other than to visualize how I will feel after the workout is done. I know it wouldn't be the end of the world, nor would my body shut down if I didn't do my workout. I also know myself, I know if I allow that sort of behavior once, I would find a way to do it again. Then within a short span of time the taking time off becomes the norm.

I think that's a very human point of view. Aside from the very few of us out there that enjoy the act of exercise, the greater majority doesn't share that enthusiasm.  What I tend to do to keep my focus and push through those rough mornings, is think about how it used to feel when I woke up in the morning before all of this routine change.

Then, it would take me a couple hours to have any sense of "normal" I was in a fog for a long period of time. I also hurt all over in my hips and knees particularly. I felt old before my time. Part of that was I was carrying an extra 90 pounds of weight putting pressure on those joints. It also likely caused me to sleep badly.

On those mornings like today where opting to pass on the workout seems like a good idea. I remind myself of the positives of this new lifestyle. I remind myself that I am now alert within seconds of waking. I remind myself of how I no longer feel like my knees and hips are being crushed at all times. I also point out that I am wearing medium T-Shirts instead of XXL.

Usually that is enough for me to push through the initial less motivated thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com