Wednesday 5 November 2014

Unrecognizable

So something I've been hearing quite a bit lately from people I run into at work is "had you not said hello I wouldn't have recognized you" or "if I had run into on the street I wouldn't have recognized you".

I always find that strange to hear.  To me, I'm still me.  I still look the same I think but apparently that's not the case.  Yes, I have basically lost the equivalent to a teenager but I don't always see that.

In my head I am the same person I was before.  But wait?  Am I?  I have proven to myself for the last 14 and a half months that I can make a plan, stick to it through thick and thin and push myself more than I ever thought I could.

I think part of this quest has been a big mental change for me.  I have had to change my attitude and approach to most things.  I have proven to myself that I can do this and can resist the temptations.

So as much as my physical self has changed, I know my mental self has changed.  Both of which change how I carry myself.  I find I smile more.  I don't try to hide in the background as much as I use to.  I want to wear colour and try new clothes.  As much as my physical appearance help with all of that, the mental changes have had the biggest impacts.

I guess if I really think about I am not the same person I was but I'm very happy with the person I've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com