Wednesday 19 November 2014

Changes aren't Always Easy to See on Yourself

So I know I've lost a fair amount of weight and that my body has certainly changed over the last 15 months but I don't always see it.

It's difficult to explain.  To me I'm still me and don't feel like my appearance has changed much.  I mean I know I'm smaller than I was but it doesn't always feel that way to me.  I still struggle to see the new me in the mirror.  Struggle to push myself out of my comfort zone with the clothes I wear, both the colour and the size I wear.  I still lean more towards trying to hide my body as I still see the "trouble" areas that are a work in progress.

I don't think I always give myself credit for the actual change I've gone through.  For example, I posted a picture of myself back in August.  I haven't seen a picture of me since then (still not a fan of having my picture taken).  I had Munkee take a picture of me this morning as I was all dressed nice in a fitted dress for a job interview.  I wasn't expecting to see much of a difference at all since my last picture but there are some real changes.


I see myself daily and it's not until moments like this that I stop and realize that I really have changed.  Even in the last three months there are differences.  I guess I really should be taking more regular pictures of myself to get a true sense of the changes going on.  I am more quick at pointing out the "trouble" zones that I'm not focusing on the real changes.

I know people tell me that I'm looking good but it's not easy to hear or take the compliment.  I'm not use to it.  Not use to the attention or the praise.  I'm use to being in the background.  I am slowly getting better and starting to own my new look but I'm still a work in progress in many senses.  I must say though that I felt good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com