Wednesday 26 November 2014

Unexpected Exercise

So as I've said I'm off this week and have been setting up for Christmas.  Just have two more trees to get up and then the finishing touches on the house and I'll be happy.  A few more Christmas gifts to buy and I'll be all done!  There may be a bit of baking to do as I got an early super awesome Christmas gift that I can't wait to try out!  It's a cookie press!  So excited to try it out!

The thing I have noticed over the last few days is all the exercise you get cleaning the house, decorating and shopping!  I have been up and down stairs, moving things from place to place as I stage things and walked through two malls!  My pedometer has been busy the last few days.  Since Sunday I have done a lot each day.  Sunday was cleaning the main floor and putting up the main floor Christmas tree.  Monday was cleaning the upstairs and putting more stuff out on the main floor.  Tuesday was shop till we dropped and boy did we drop!  I think I feel asleep on the couch around 8:30 last night!  Today we did a regroup day so I could update my lists and I finished off the main floor decorating .  Just have a few finishing touches to do on the main floor and I'll be all done!

If I think back to doing this work in years past I would remember being sore and grumpy by this point in the process.  Even cleaning the house left me sore for a few days afterwards.  Now I seem to be moving through the work with a smile on my face!  Such a difference the new lifestyle makes!

Tomorrow is more running around to get the last touches for the house and the last few gifts.  I must say I have enjoyed this time off and getting to spend time with Munkee but I have still been working and probably doing more than I would have if I was working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com