Tuesday 11 November 2014

Tuesday - Ramp it up day

Today is the day of the week where I add more resistance to what I am doing. Its different than when I was losing weight because I stayed at the same resistance for a longer period of time. I know with gaining muscle I have to play to how the body decides it needs to build it. To that end I add more resistance each week.. eventually I will be doing the exercise carrying 40 or so extra pounds, at the moment it is around 26 extra.

I know I am using a method that would seem alien to most trying to build muscle. I have to do this in a way that works for me. Otherwise I will fail. The routine has to suit the way I work. So far the results are actually pretty impressive to me.

I am sure most would be using a method to build faster. My aim is to build slowly, and gradually making a solid foundation that will stick with me for life.

So far I am achieving that goal perfectly. I feel great after my workouts (partially because yay.. its done!) I will have no problem sticking with this.

I am now sitting at about 179 pounds, coupling the weight gain with losses to some of the last remaining flabby areas. Its very interesting to look in the mirror and see someone toned. Gradually I am starting to see someone built well.

Its been an amazing year and a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com