Tuesday 25 November 2014

About my workouts - Leg Routine

Today's routine is the bane of my existence, the leg workout. It is also probably the most important one. I have mentioned before in my blog about how I have had varying degrees of joint pain in my hips and knees for as long as I can remember. This leg workout I feel like is a big part of why I have less now. It also happens to be unpleasant for that very same reason.

I do it every time no matter how much I swear and complain while it is underway. I know its good for me, so I accept it.

My Leg Routine consists of the following exercises


  1. Yoga Warrior Pose - 45 seconds per side
  2. Rowing Squats - 30 Repetitions
  3. Static Front Lunges - 10 Repetitions per leg
  4. Side Lunges - 15 Repetitions per leg
  5. Rowing Squats - 30 Repetitions
  6. Yoga Chair Pose - 45 Seconds
  7. Squat Thrusts - 20 Repetitions
  8. Yoga Standing Knee Pose - 4 reps per leg 
  9. Yoga Tree Pose - 45 seconds per leg
  10. Static Front Lunges - 10 Repetitions per leg
  11. Side Lunges - 15 Repetitions per leg
  12. Half Front Lunges - 20 Repetitions per leg
  13. Yoga Sun Salutation Pose - 3 Cycles
  14. Deep Breathing - 45 Seconds
  15. Dips - 10 Repetitions
  16. Push-Ups - 10 Repetitions
You may have noticed that in every workout I end with the dips and push-ups. I know the biggest areas I want to gain muscle in are my arms and shoulders. So I include work in that area every day.

Today was also the day where I increase the intensity by adding more weight, and from what I can tell that went pretty well. I definitely was sweating more by the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory Business Pages - OnToplist.com